William Henry Murphy operated a cartage (moving and/or hauling) business that also sold ice. The family was active in the early Britannia Village in a variety of ways, including with the old Methodist (later United) Church. The house was built in 1902 at 127 Britannia Road and is a designated heritage property. 1
According to the plaque (below) the Murphy brothers built many of the cottages that made up much of Britannia until WWII.
Ottawa's Britannia by Eva Taylor